Monday 11 April 2011

Paperfection continued. And a finding.

This is following a post I did all the way back in November, entitled 'Paperfection'. I was wanting to create a 2D digital image of a 3D piece. Sort of like a representation/optical illusion if you will. The '3D' piece is creased paper I obtained. I played around with some shades of grey and white and below is the result.




It's turned out okay in my opinion, there's a lot of potential for it but I'm finding it quite hard to fully capture it at the moment if I'm honest. One part of this I'm not convinced about is the textured marks from the paper itself that you can see in some areas, like the bottom right of the piece.
I think I don't like it.
Mainly because I don't want this to have any other aesthetic than the '3D-ish' look that I'm going for, so I'm concerned that this may go against it. But that could be me thinking too much into it. I would like to develop this further when I have some more free time. But yeah, looks alright really.


I re - found this the other day:




It's a t - shirt that my buddy Adam Grant made when we were all leaving our first ever house we lived in, in New Cross. Really funny as it brings back so many memories. It's a nice fact that myself (in the middle) Adam (with the green hair) and Mikee (with the console controller) are still friends and see each other. Haven't seen the 3 girls for a good while, think they just went their own paths, nothing personal (I hope not anyway) But yeah, nostalgia! Sigh!




Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate