Monday 4 April 2011

Oh hey...

Neglected this space for a while haven't I?


Jobseekers front: I forgot to mention that after a month of not being paid, the matter was finally set straight, as if nothing had happened. It was ridiculous. It was literally like:


"So my claim has been suspended for the past month, any news?"
"Oh yeah, it's fine"
"Oh, thanks" 
"You're welcome"


WUT?


So stupid, they paid me what I was owed, which was a relief. Couldn't complain further.. 


UNTIL!


The latest scandal, since I've been claiming for 6 months, it was time to call me up for a:


'2 week intensive job seeking course'


What the holy fudge is that? I hear you ask, well it's literally what I would have been doing before my internships, sitting at a computer, searching for jobs online. It. Was. So. Bad.
First off, the place is horrible, dim lighting, school - like rooms, full of people who haven't showered for a while, whilst saying the following:


"You hear about this Japanese fing?" (nearly 2 weeks after it happened)


‎"You don't drink?" " Nah man, last time I was drunk I tried to shank my best mate init" 


This one time I boxed my Nan init"


"Bruv when I was a baby yer, I never ate, never slept neither"


And I swear to god those are all actual quotes. Deary me.


From it now though, I got 2 job interviews, one at a pub in Richmond and one at an Art Shop in Ealing, should find out in the next days the outcomes (I'd like to point out that up until the '2 week course' I had only ever been applying to Design jobs only. This is the first time in the 6 months I've applied into any other field, just to be clear)


Design Front: Our 65 collective is going from strength to strength, we're getting a nice following on Twittersaurous Rex and the band Avenge Vulture Attack have asked us to do a series of promotional visuals leading up to their album release and for their EP launch party too, exciting times.


On my end of that, I have finished their music video for their song 'Renew'. I won't show it yet, not till they release it onto iTunes and I get the all clear. But I showed it to them, and they seemed to really like it! So I'm very very relieved. I've turned my room back to what is was before (feels weird, but feels better Chi energy wise). Below are some photos of my white desk after the animation.


 Literally the last shot of the whole thing. With the magic tape still in place.




Sans magic tape and some desk too, whey!




More to follow soon, need to get back into the swing of this blog malarky.


TTFN

Jamie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate