Tuesday 26 May 2015

How Innocent am I?

Following from Part Five of the scratch card saga, I decided to go for an extra effort in order to entice Innocent drinks to meet with me after a few months worth of delays.

They'd been in contact twice, but nothing really materialised from the emails we exchanged - it seemed they had every intention to meet me but couldn't find the time.

I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I wanted to create a new prop that would grab their attention once more and get this chin wag in full force. In collaboration with Hellsize Park Brewing Co (here's their Twitter link too), I obtained a few of their tasty beers with an idea to deliver them to Innocent personally. 
In the package there are: 
2 x Phantom Urns (IPA)
2 X Bonestorm Boc (Bock) 
2 x Pedigree Chum (Pilsner). 
A fine selection brewed by Josh of Hellsize and all designed & branded by myself and compatriot Louis Valenzuela. 

So the thinking for this is similar to when I did the scratch cards - everyone loves to receive post. Everyone also loves Friday beers. It's not bribing...






I wanted to make something hand held and individual to package the beers in - my own packaging with a personal touch. I'm all about hand made and hand crafted artwork - I do believe personable and hand made items speak volumes in terms of thought and skill. For me, it would have felt very easy and fake to get a design printed onto a case - I like to see the paint strokes of a painting by the artist kind of thing, you know? My main man Saul Bass touches a bit about this:



Did a bit of ideas generation to get the juices going:









Even did a Periscope broadcast when I was painting - even more surprising is that people ACTUALLY watched it. 27 to be in fact. Which is also my lucky number. I can't say they're anybody I know personally but I'm massively flattered and creeped out in equal measures. This can be watched but only on mobile phones, if you want to hear me blabber to myself.


Got me box from the local Oddbins. Time to paint!






I wanted to create a chargrilled look, as if the box had just been freshly branded with a red hot iron in HELL.


Few more smarter and finished shots:








The finishing touches:





I added a consignment note and letter to make sure it would be well received and not be just a random samples delivered to the company.







Then I was on my way!



So here I was, a faux courier. Dressed suitably in all black with a leather jacket, I was half tempted to borrow a helmet to make the appearance a little bit more convincing but decided against it I think it would've looked quite silly and anonymous hopping on off public transport and walking on foot in London..



Cheeky snapchat.

I was absolutely bricking it at this point. I envisioned the worse case scenario, security being called, dropping the bottles, a car chase, spilt smoothies etc. I didn't know what to expect in all honesty. Below is a video of the act, you'll have to excuse the vertical filming and terrible camerawork. I was trying to be incognito..




What I was going for:



More like:



Following from my blog post in Part Five, I mentioned Innocent in the blog and it notified them. A mini dialogue begun:







I continued the dialogue before and after my sneaking shenanigans:





Yep. Definitely.



 Now I wait....







To be continued...






7 comments:

  1. Good effort Jamie. Hope it works out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris. Hope all is well with you. I've been enjoying your ski chronicles. The Masterbation legislation made me chuckle in particular.

      Delete
  2. Jamie Kyle; the most committed man in the entire world! Bravo Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jodie! Let's see what happens..

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aw cheers Maz! Us grafters eh? You know what they say - Grafters um, graft alike?

      Delete

Translate