Sunday 29 April 2012

Rob Hoey Comic.

From one fun project to another, shortly after our shoot with Pinch TV I got an email from Matt Bell asking if I'd be interested in an illustration job. I stroked my (lack of) beard and agreed enthusiastically.

The brief was to make an A2 sized comic, in the style of Beano/Beezer/Viz for Rob Hoey's birthday that was coming up, a surprise gift (quick note, Rob has received said illustration so this isn't some sort of spoiler post!). Matt wrote the script, and I went from there. It was a really fun project to do and something a bit different and (blowing my own trumpet) testing my versatility as an illustrator which is always welcomed.

I managed to get it printed off and dry mounted at the gallery I work at which was a huge convenient bonus. Some pictures:


Bit blurry this one - the illustration freshly printed.


The illustration after it's been dry mounted, it's basically a method of attaching prints and artworks to mounting surfaces by heating a shellac tissue between the mount and the print. Just so it's more durable and not as flimsy.


A closer look.


I attached a love letter for Rob a small note for Rob for any framing recommendations.


The bad boy wrapped in about a million layers of tissue paper.


Phew, been a very busy month. Very glad I had this week off work (beside the rain part). Next step I would like to do is to start to build an ACTUAL website, we'll see how that goes.

Tar Tar For Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate