Tuesday 17 April 2012

Optical Illusion.

In the mood of playing around and experimentation I decided to try out some optical illusions. I've always been fascinated by Bridget Riley's optical illusions from an early age, which later inspired me to do some of my own versions at University (which I should really post up with this - I'll get round to it at some point). I've just always been fascinated by how something so 3D looking is made from a 2D medium, I love the idea of how your  infinitely massive brain is being deceived by these simple repeated lines.
Below is a hand drawn optical illusion I did in photoshop. I tried to make a gif animation out of it with another duplicated layer on top so that they look like they're seeping through eachother, but it was very hard to try and find the part where it would loop back to the beginning again in a smooth transition without looking like it's jumping. More to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate