Tuesday 4 January 2011

It's a new year so that must mean um, new posts..

Firstly, Happy New Year.

Secondly, Hello.

Today was my own official 'Back to work day' too. In the form of the music video I'm doing for Avenge Vulture Attack. I spent most of the day colour correcting and editing all 738 photos I took of them just before Christmas, which was made a load easier with Adobe Bridge and being able to do multiple photo edits at a time. You rock, Bridge!
That was simple enough and was done efficiently.
But the rest of my day, I was kindly reminded why I tend to stick to my practical and hand drawn ways. In my ever lasting, 100 year battle with technology, it didn't go very easily. I first set out to see which software from Flash, After effects and Premier Pro would work best for this project. And each, individually, crashed, moved things around, insulted me, called me girls names and refused to work in any way I wanted it to.
Admittedly, I haven't used any of these softwares in the best part of 10 months (except Premier Pro, which is more like 5 months) in favor of doing lots of drawing since I've relocated home. So initially it was a case of "UGH WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT'S NOT SUPPO-oh balls, I am doing it wrong aren't I? My bad." 

So you could even compare it to when you jump back onto a bicycle for the first time in years, it just takes a bit of practice to get back into the swing of things. And then you can crash everywhere you like!

Tomorrow will be more productive. But I did manage to tickle After effects the right way eventually for the last part of my draining day, producing this VERY SMALL preview (below) for one of the scenes I'm doing. It looks okay, obviously needs tweaking with frame rates, positioning, etc, bit of everything really. But a step to the right direction.



TTFN

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate