Friday 14 January 2011

Hallo.

I always say this when I haven't posted in a while but BOY HAVE I BEEN BUSY.
At the beginning of the week, I started preparing for the hand drawn element of my music video for Avenge Vulture Attack. After a few trial and errors on Flash, the digital/stylus approach was stopped as the aesthetic that came from it didn't satisfy me at all, it looked very amateur. Hand drawing the whole thing onto paper came to mind but I soon decided that was a silly idea and that it could quite possibly kill me. So now, I've gone for a whiteboard/marker technique, a technique which is slowly getting more and more popular within the stop frame animation world a la the Kristofer Strom adverts for Carphone Warehouse. He's been around for a while, look at some of his older vids, he's mega cool.
With this approach, instead of a white board I'm using my white desk, it's fine and durable to use, but might get a bit smudgy. 
I got all my materials I needed so I could start first thing Friday (today).


I started my 3 month internship as a Digital Designer at One Little Indian Records on Tuesday. I was really excited about starting this, even though whenever I start/work somewhere new I'm quite reserved until I'm settled. But nonetheless, I did get into the swing of things quite quickly. I'm currently doing various updates on the bands Myspaces, as well as doing little bits and bobs for Joe Howden the Web designer there and I'm even getting to do a kinetic typography animation for a promo video for a brother/sister band which is cooool.
More to follow on this, but so far so good, working Tuesday - Thursday and I get travel expenses. Only thing is it's in Tooting Bec, so a good hour through rush hour morning and evening. Waaaa. Shock to the system after being out of routine and work for a while.


So back to the music video - today I started the animation for AVA and without speaking too early/jinxing myself, it's going really well. I've done 4 scenes out of 26 that I need to do (I'm leaving the hardest ones till last). But good progress all in all. Here's a low quality photo taken by my laptop of my set up:


You can't really see the camera, but it's on top of the tripod which is almost at 90 degrees. My back is killing me! But I do have enough space so it's all good, may need more pens as I'm running out already.


Hopefully I'll be able to do a few drawings soon to put up on here (and to have a break from working ever so hard).


Smell ya later.


Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate