Saturday 5 April 2014

Abstract photos.

Aloha.

I've been making a collection of photos for about the past 2 years, they're essentially images that were either about to be deleted, forgotten on a camera, taken by accident or taken whilst inebriated (Drawing similarities to the Nightbus Chronicles I used to do). They're mostly from my iPhone and digital SLR. What I like about them is the mystery. Some you can make out, others you can't. Without getting too deep I like the idea that none of them are preconceived as a pose, or a selfie or anything like that. I've never been a huge fan of posing for a photo, it feels forced and I usually end up pulling a weird face.

This reminds me of a time when a couple of friends and I went on a holiday to La Rochelle a few of years ago. I had my SLR with me and we started talking about how holiday photos are generally forced to make you look like you're having fun all the time (don't get me wrong, holidays are super fun) but there was that element of 'we're on holiday so it must be fun' which seemed forced, especially when you think of the fact that the majority of photos that you're ever in, is of you holiday.
So we hilariously came up with the idea we should try and look like we're having an awful time despite our beautiful surroundings. There were some pretty funny results and it was genuinely a lot more fun than doing cheesy smiles. Here are a few examples below, the last one is my favourite:
(Featuring Leo and Adam).








So back to the point, this collection is essentially unplanned and unposed photos that have a slightly interesting end product. Who says I couldn't sell!

I really like the one with white trousers - it's quite striking. I definitely recognize a few situations, if anyone can figure out some of the finer details in the pictures, I'm all ears.


















TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate