Friday 15 October 2010

BATMEEEN.

I did spend a good hour writing a post about the latest Batman 3 news of Tom Hardy being cast as 'the villian', and how it would be a bad move if he turned out to be 'The Riddler' which is the biggest rumour going round. I mentioned that Joseph Gordon - Levitt would be more suited to the role.

But then it dawned on me.

The more I wrote about how Tom Hardy isn't suited for 'The Riddler' role (He's a great actor don't get me wrong, I was going on a purely superficial note, he doesn't look at all like the typical evil genius archetype) the more I grew to the idea of him being 'The Riddler'. It's a genius idea! Remember how everyone was quick to dismiss Heath Ledger as the Joker because he was good looking and generally a goody-too-shoes but when photos came out with him in make up as the Joker everyone was very quick to change their opinion (Myself included). Tom Hardy is very good at playing intense characters, imagine the same intensity he portrays in films like when he was in Star Trek and Bronson, and put that on top of 'The Riddler' character whose constant need to out smart Batman is his driven nature. Now on top of that, imagine slapping on that purple bandana thing across his eyes and slicking back his hair,  in that green one-piece suit, with an evil smirk and a crazy laugh. He'll be immense!

So I've come to the conclusion he'll probably play 'The Riddler' and I'll be happy with that. Although if these other rumours of JGL being cast too in the film, I reckon he'll be Robin. Who's with me on that?

Also, as a back up, if Tom Hardy doesn't end up playing 'The Riddler', my money is on him playing Dr Freeze. Mainly because he always (Okay only about 3 times) plays a bald guy and does it very very well. You know you can see it too... Also another good shout would be the villian Clayface, a good looking actor mutated into the all forming all shaping Clayface. Hmm.

TTFN

Jamie away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate