Friday 6 August 2010

Duckeye.

So for the past week I've been at a placement with a moving image company called Duckeye who I've liked the look of ever since I saw this video for Magic and Fur mentioned in Creative Review.

I went down to their studio in Shoreditch, it's situtated in a basement and it's a fairly big layout altogether - it's shared with Jey's (the main man) girlfriend and a few others who I saw a couple of times. Jey is one part of the duo of Duckeye, with his business associate away on maternity leave at the moment, so I didn't get to meet her but instead I got to meet Belinda and Amy who were working on the project with me, both were very nice and easy going.

I was only down for this week as Jey needed a couple of extra hands to help out with a stop frame animation involving jigsaws on planes of glass. This stop frame animation was for Peugeut, a fairly big client so we needed to get everything right. I was Assistant Animator/Runner to the project, which was great as I got some good hands on experience.

I regret not taking any photos in hindsight as it would be easier to explain, but it was quite a tricky process - setting up the shots in particular, who knew glass could be such a pain!

I worked on it Monday - Wednesday (Deadline for Thursday/Friday morn) starting 9.30am finishing around 8pm, long hours but it wasn't a drag, I found it okay, I was just shattered each time I got up in the morning, ironically.

It's a good little ad, with the jigsaws (of the car interior, exterior etc) each creating a frame for the next shot and then the next shot and intertwining quite nicely - concept being you put the pieces together to make up a full package for the car, and YOU (the target audience) just have to put the last piece in to make it complete, which is the fuel. Again, it may be easier to understand through visuals.

Like I said I was more of an assistant animator/runner position, so I took the photos when we did the animation and ran out to get materials etc, which was great because it was more responsibility than I was expecting.

The ad should be on telly in the next few weeks, I'll post it up here when it airs. But in the mean time, I have another placement to look forward to this Monday with 'What is Bobo?'who do film posters for Ealing Film Studios.

TTFN

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate