Friday 17 September 2010

'Such a nice place' illustration.


Latest illustration, this one took quite a while to do, mainly because it's much smaller than my other ones and due to the fact of the pen I was using (0.5 muji black) the ink took ages to dry on this cheap canvas. Nonetheless I'm pleased with how it looks, bold lines look great and the busy nature of it really serves the small canvas well without overpowering it. Although I'm really annoyed with the text, I'm usually quite good with hand drawn text but I rushed this and wrote it out in pen (Always pencil first Jamie! Pencil!!) realizing I forgot to put the word 'seems' in the middle so had to squeeze it in. So it ruins the balance in my view and just angers the eye. I like the cat though, the voice I had in mind for the text, was one my good friend Adam Grant is familiar with, it's in the Simpsons episode titled 'Grandpa vs Sexual Inadequacy'  it's that guy at around 11:19 makes me laugh everytime, what a voice! Watch that episode actually it's brilliant.

170mm x 130mm

Black fineliner on canvas.

If you like the looks of this, details on the right.

Jamie

1 comment:

  1. I like the man in the bowler hat and the man with the head full of hair to the left of the parrot.

    ReplyDelete

Translate